Many people spend a lot of time on their phones (whether the phone is smart or not). This is why statistical thesis has established that 89 percent of the world uses smartphones but most people have not been using it correctly which actually result to abuse. The situation is so worse with some that when their phone is not with them, they become restless.
Research has shown that phones transmit radio waves through a series of base stations where radio-frequency waves are electromagnetic fields that cannot break chemical bonds or cause ionization in the human body.
READ ALSO: NIPOST to create jobs and boost e-commerce, find out how
It is not wrong to spend time on your phone, especially for some of us who work and earn a living using our smartphones. But how can you know when it is turning to an addiction? Consider some points below and examine yourself to see if you need to improve in some areas.
1. Anxiety, impatience, and stress when unable to get a response or send a reply instantly.
2. Repeatedly interrupting social or professional situations by checking the phone.
3. Loss of productivity and inability to engage in fruitful activities.
4. Irritability and feelings of being lost when away from their phones for too long.
5. Postponing sleep to give in to the pressing need of texting or being present on social media for long and late hours.
6. Forgetfulness caused by absent-mindedness and a lack of focus due to overt engagement with phones.
7. Repeatedly interrupting social or professional situations by checking the phone.
If after your examination you find some of the above traits in yourself, then it’s the me to make adjustments. Here are some dangerous effects of phone addiction.
1. Addiction can cause marriage breakup.
2. Reduce productivity.
3. It can also affect education status, for instance, some student uses a mobile phone in class for another purpose while lecture or teaching is on.
4. Decrease in social worker interaction, some will be at a social gathering and still concentrate on their phones.
To avoid health issues resulting from phone usage, users should keep a distance of 20 centimeters away from their handset to reduce radiation exposure. It is also important to watch the time you spend on your phone, to avoid becoming addicted.